shineonfromtheinsideout asked: Daenerys Targaryen, Thoros of Myr, Tyrion Lannister
I’m putting two for these, because I can’t decide.
Daenerys Targaryen - what is your greatest accomplishment?
1. When I was a kid I wrote down a list of places I wanted to go. Two of the places on my list were the Great Wall of China, and Tokyo. Those were accomplished my second and fourth year of university respectively, one of which was paid for with a scholarship. For a kid from a small town, when most of his family doesn’t have their passport, that meant the world to me.
2. After I worked my way through college, and studied the impractical major that I loved, I managed to get a job after school when no one thought I could. I then quit my job to travel the country. I started out in New York, wound up in LA, and walked away with $500 after a free trip to Vegas. Then I was offered my old job back at an increased salary. That whole year was pretty awesome.
Thoros of Myr - tell me about one of your best drunken escapades
1. Once on a cruise, everyone I knew was fighting. A girl named Jenni, on the verge of tears, needed to get away for the bickering. I asked her if she liked pomegranates. She said yes, and asked why. I then explained that the bar in the back of the ship makes pomegranate martinis, pomegranate daiquiris, and about eight other pomegranate themed drinks, and after we work our way through all of those we won’t care what anyone says. About five or six drinks in, we see our friends. Since we are avoiding them, we snuck off. However, we hide behind ferns and pillars, and sang the Mission Impossible theme while we did it, because for some reason we decided that nothing was funnier when you’re drunk on a ship to sneak around in obvious way.
2. During the round country trip I mentioned in earlier, I was hanging out with my friend Gary in New York, and I was feeling horrible because I had run out on my entire life because my life was horrible. He needed to talk to someone for a bit, so he pushed me into a crowd of his friends, told them my name, explained the places I had been i the past two years, and then walked off. When he came back, I knew everyone’s name, and was pounding shots of tequila with a girl from Scottland. I don’t remember much after that, but we all keep in touch.
Tyrion Lannister - what skill or character trait should people never underestimate about you?
1. My curiosity. You should never be surprised if I suddenly pull out some obscure knowledge, or if I learn about a topic you mentioned for the sole purpose of discussing it later. I want to know as much about the world as possible.
2. I’m oddly lucky. I’ve gone for walks to grab a bite to dinner, and gotten invited to a party by strangers. I’ve made friends with waitstaff and been given my drinks for free after one conversation. I’ve gotten free tickets to Vegas, given umbrellas in the pouring rain, and had late gifts delivered on days when they were truly appreciated. I’ve looked for manuscripts while in Japan, only to have them handed to me when a Buddhist reading room was handing them away to strangers back home in the USA. My friend likes to remind me of the line from the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, “you have a touch of destiny about you” as she says it reminds her of me. Granted, bad things happen to me all the time, but when random bills show up, and 24 hours later your credit doubles for no reason, it all comes out in the wash. Oh, and one time my roommate dared me to ask the Universe to send us an end table. Three days later, someone threw out a perfectly good one so we grabbed it.